NALC Branch 214 - Election 2005

an independently-sponsered blog for Branch 214 members of the NALC for the upcoming Election of 2005

anyone can add comments; any Branch 214 member who joins the blog can post to it directly

this blog's intent is to explore new techniques of communication for Branch members

please use it - wisely, and with respect for all

Sunday, October 09, 2005

The ground is tilled...

I feel as if the majority of my work is done now. I've thought a lot about this, and wrote for several hours/day for the last week to get this blog up in the air. I've laid the ground work. I've created a "space" in which we can conversate, and I've tried to set a rationale for doing so. I've invited those I know who might be interested in this type of joint endeavor. Now it's up to you. If you are interested, if you are able - the soil is tilled. Make it take the shape you want; plant and grow the crops the Branch needs; and come harvest time, enjoy.

My Blogger profile says my (current) favorite book is The Wisdon of Crowds, by James Surowiecki. Ironically, I haven't actually read it yet. But I "get it", instantly. I've always believed in it. And I act upon it daily, as do you. That's why I have faith in this process. I don't have to feel responsible for what results. All I had to do was to start the ball rolling.

I took a feeling, a need;
a few thoughts or two;
spent some time, lots of effort,
added friends - that's you!

What we'll come up with, I cannot say.
Some'll say stew;
some might say mash;
I hope it's edible, and doesn't give us ...

Adieu, dear friends, my work is done.
Wonders await us.
Now, take this ball and run!
Have fun.
Your Union loves
YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home