Anonymous or Not...
How is a Union - its local Branchs, its Officers, its stewards, and its individual members - going to protect itself - from unfair, unjust, unkind, or otherwise "undesirable" attacks?
I ask this because you yourself are asking this! Also, I came across this:
Court Rules in Favor of Anonymous Blogger
On the other hand, how is a Union going to build its strength, its community, its VALUE, if it doesn't foster/create/support the free and safe communications of its membership?
This blog may not be the right format to discuss some of the issues I've raised, or that you've imagined, or hoped would be raised. This might not be the right time for ANY membership or Branch 214-wide blog, for we are now in the midst of our Election 2005 process. And, I might not be the right person to initiate and/or moderate/facilitate such discussions.
However, the bigger error, I believe, is to not do anything: to simply rely on trusted and/or familiar avenues of communication, or to only seek information from traditional/official sources, and in the formats we're used to.
This blog is not about me; it's about YOU. It's about we.
The Internet exists. The membership is diverse. The job hours and duties are enormous. The dangers are inherent and/or unfathomable. The atmosphere is ugly. Yet what happens if we don't begin - to break through our own barriers, or to reach out to others, in new and different ways?
Our membership is ready - are we?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home